First, though, my new friend Juki! I purchased this right after Christmas. If Santa ain't good to you, you've got to be good to yourself! It is a Juki HZL-F600. The extended table and larger throat space have made free motion quilting much easier than with my old Babylock.
The first quilt finished is for my daughter. Her requirements were "blue and yellow" and "pinwheels," so I went with a simple Irish Chain alternating with Pinwheels. It was quilted on a friends longarm before Christmas with an all over paisley pattern.
Next up, a quilt for my niece who graduated college last year. She has a king sized bed so I made it as big as I could tolerate! Quilting it on my home machine was challenging to say the least. I did simple lines with a walking foot and the pattern was 12 + 2 = Q. Instead of a sheet for the top I used Kaufmann yarn died linen.
That's all for now. Next retreat is in February.
You've been sewing up a storm! I'm sure you'll be getting even more quilts finished now that you have that Juki. I love these quilts :-D
ReplyDelete