Monday, February 3, 2014

Quilt retreat turns 3!

This past retreat marked our third anniversary. I managed to finish the two baby quilts in time before my niece has her twins. (Still waiting...) She told me that she was expecting last summer by giving me a bundle of fabric and asking me to make two baby quilts. That fabric was gender neutral, but once she told me that the twins were both girls I decided to go all-out girly! Both are fabrics designed by Bonnie and Camille. The first is Scrumptious, four packs of pre-cut hexagons.
 The second quilt is Marmalade, three charm packs plus some Moda Snow solid.
 Finally, I finished piecing the Pickledish quilt from hell. I started it three years ago at the first retreat. I still like the bright colors, but the piecing looks horrible. Hopefully it won't look too bad after quilting and washing. At this point, I just want it done!
I then started a couple of new quilts. I'm going to make another Swoon, this time with Tula Pink fabrics. I'm thinking of that one as a long-term project as she comes out with new fabric lines. The second is a sampler quilt from the new book Vintage Quilt Revival. This book is so fabulous, and I look forward to completing all the blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment